About the Library
The Orono Public Library brings people, information and ideas together to inspire lifelong learning, advance knowledge, and strengthen our community.
- To provide a center for reading, writing and study.
- To provide opportunity for recreation through the use of literature and popular reading materials, music, film, audio books and other art forms.
- To provide library reference services.
- To provide a door to literacy through which children and families are encouraged to develop an interest in reading and use of the library.
- To provide an educational support center to assist students of all ages engaged in both formal and independent courses of study.
- To provide a community meeting and information exchange center.