Elections & Voting
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2019
REFERENDUM ELECTION INFORMATION
On Election Day, TUESDAY NOVEMBER 5TH, all Orono voters will vote at the NEW BALANCE FIELD HOUSE also known as “THE BIG M”.
18 Gym Drive
Orono, ME 04473
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Dedicated parking will be available. If you require curbside parking, have mobility questions or need further assistance, please contact the Town Office at (207) 866-2556.
Voter Registration staff will be available for new voters to register or for existing voters to change their address or name as follows:
• At the polling place on Election Day
• At Orono Town Office daily during regular business hours
• After October 16th, voters who wish to register must do so in person.
To register to vote for the first time, you will need the following:
• Proof of identification (driver’s license, state ID, passport, birth certificate, student ID)
• Proof of residency (any piece of mail or statement showing an ORONO street address)
Absentee Ballots may be requested by:
• The voter by telephone by calling 866-2556
• Written request to Town Clerk, 59 Main St., Orono, Maine 04473
• Visiting the Town Clerk’s office in-person during regular business hours
• More information at this link
The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Thursday, October 31st
• Except for a voter’s incapacitation/illness, coastal island or unexpected absence.
Public transportation will be available free for Orono residents attending,
sponsored by the City of Bangor's Community Connector!
Past Elections Information:
RSU 26 Election June 11, 2019
BALLOT ONE: RSU 26 BUDGET QUESTIONS
Article 1: In Favor of the RSU No. 26 budget as adopted during the RSU No. 26 public vote held on 6-11-2019.
Article 2: In Favor of RSU No. 26 continuing with the budget validation process for an additional three years.
BALLOT TWO: RSU 26 BOND QUESTION
Article 1: In Favor of the RSU No. 26 School Construction Bond as Presented
Three RSU 26 questions are on the ballot for the election being held on Tuesday, June 11th from 7:00am - 8:00pm at the Town Office upstairs in the Council Chambers. Orono residents may register to vote on the day of the Election. Absentee ballots will be made available 30 days in advance of the Election date.